The site had grown in terms of pages without any focus on the overall health from a search perspective. As such, there were many, many issues such as poor internal linking, broken pages, broken links. excessive and unnecessary linking, improper canonicalization, and more. We completed a Website Quality Audit and Technical SEO Audit and spent a month fixing all of the critical issues.
The company had created nearly a thousand pieces of original content without a clear strategy to maintain quality and topical relevance. As such, there were many pages underperforming in search results while also not driving conversions. The content was on a variety of topics without establishing clear authority in anything. We performed a thorough Content Audit and removed content that was dragging down the performance of the site. We were able to re-use that content as guest posts on third-party sites.
Since we were unable to create new content, we had to meet the company's organic search goals by focusing on improving existing content. We identified pages with the most potential for improvement in organic search and completed our extensive Content Optimization process. This included updating the content based upon reverse engineering top competitors and utilizing machine learning, improving on-page structure, adding thousands of internal links, utilizing schema for rich snippets, and a lot more.
Most of the company's lead generation efforts were happening on social media and other third-party sites. We created a fitness-related quiz and developed a Call-To-Action graphic for each of the five topics we were focusing on. We then implemented these lead generation techniques throughout their site.
After completing our Content Optimization process on an individual piece of content, we monitored it regularly to make sure performance was trending in the right direction and we were on pace to achieve our desired results. Where necessary, we made additional improvements to the content. In August 2018, a massive Google algorithm update was released widely known as the "Medic" update. The site lost almost 50% of its traffic overnight. We were able to identify problem pages to remove and developed a good understanding of the types of content Google would allow a site like this to rank for - which led to further changes. We were able to recover that traffic and more in about 5 weeks.
Increase in Top 3 Google search rankings
in organic traffic in the first year
new leads generated in the first year
Let's replicate these results for your businessGet Proposal